“It was a success!,” said to me the artist Sara True Art when we accidentally met at the laiki (farmers’ markets) the day after the preview event for the upcoming print issue “Experiencing The Radical Body.” And it really was. Feminists, artists, poetesses, and independent publishers, old and new friends of the journal came on January 17th 2020, at the project space NTIZEZA to celebrate a night of poetry. Thanks to everyone who came. Special thanks to Natasha, the driving force behind NTIZEZA, for being such a wonderful host.
The preview featured recordings by the poets, and/or performers Serena Braida, Louisa Doloksa, Katie Ebbitt, So Mayer, Mira Mattar, Eleanor Perry, plus a special message by yarrow yes woods.
During the event, Diana Manesi read her poem Cruel Caring, and I read an excerpt form my column-cum-imaginary-blog Hot Athens.
The “Experiencing The Radical Body” issue is edited by me and Rebecca Wilcox. It features:
• poetry by Serena Braida, Vahni Capildeo, Sasha Dugdale, Katie Ebbitt, Anna Gurton-Wachter, Jane Joritz-Nakagawa, Lotte L.S., Mira Mattar, So Mayer, Diana Manesi, Amy McCauley, Gizem Okulu, Eleanor Perry, Vassiliea Franck-Lee Alli-Tis Stylianidou, yarrow yes woods
• prose by Stephanie Young
• artworks by Caroline May, and Nana Sachini
• critical ideas by Elena Tzelepis
• Narratives in Progress by Eva Moreda and Rebecca Wilcox
• columns by Louisa Doloksa (on literature and bowels), Kyriaki Goni (on rituals), and Dimitra Ioannou (Hot Athens)
You may preorder the issue from our site: https://aglimpseof.net/paper-aglimpseof-4/, or support our crowdfunding campaign: https://gogetfunding.com/experiencing-the-radical-body/
The issue will be out later in 2020.
In strength, in numbers, in eccentricity!, as yarrow says.
Some pics from the preview event:
THE POETIC CAMPAIGN!