Narratives in Progress are autonomous narrative units updated with new content as often as their authors wish. Until now the Narratives In Progress include hybrid writings in which intersect, among others, biography and journal (Second-hand Stories), feminism και queer identity (Α Thing Like You and Me), theater, mathematics, and formal languages (Centurion), autobiography and poetry (Walking Through Memories), appropriations of the lyric style, the fairy tale, and references to the New York School of Poetry (Hotel Women), the body and the rhizome (Rhizosome). There are some more on the way.
We are looking for idiosyncratic, innovative text, art & sound works.
aglimpseof does not reproduce works that have been blogged or published in magazines and personal websites.
If you have an idea for a Narrative in Progress in the form of text, sound or image, or hybrid Narratives, please contact Dimitra Ioannou: dimitra(@)aglimpseof.net
• A school-bus named Documenta by Antonis Katsouris.
• Centurion by Tom Snarsky, “part cento, part collage, part conversation” in the form of the long poem. On the 10th of every month.
• “Rhizosome” by Theodoros Chiotis is “a transversal attempt to dis(un)cover all those (overt and covert) alliances.” It’s updated every Thursday.
• “Walking Through Memories“ by Jeremy Hight was “an ongoing project of taking a place in memory and turning in it.. moving in it… forcing the brain to fill it while seeing holes next to deep details, a kind of reporting that comes out in poetic theoretic shards.”
• “Second-hand stories,” a visual biography by Dimitra Vamiali made of short phrases and dialogues.
• A Thing Like You and Me, a multi-authored feminist narrative by by Jessica Borusky, Louise Anne Buchler, Sarah Crewe, Charlotte Geater, j/j hastain, D. I., Navine G. Khan-Dossos, Lila Matsumoto, Sophie Mayer, Shelagh Rowan Legg, Nana Sachini, Sandra Simonds, Erica Schreiner, and Liliana Vasques who add new works on a monthly base. A Thing Like You and Me | December 2015, A Thing Like You and Me | January 2016, A Thing Like You and Me | February 2016, A Thing Like You and Me | March 2016, A Thing Like You and Me | April 2016, A Thing Like You and Me | May 2016, A Thing Like You and Me | Summer 2016.
• “Hotel Women” by Antonis Katsouris is made of “Brief romantic (self)portraits and episodes.”